Just an Island girl, standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear today.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Get your skin ready for Autumn with Saison



Tomorrow will be the official start of Autumn and for those of us who live in places where the weather changes drastically, we know too well what that means for our skin care routine. It means whatever you were doing in the summer probably won't work in another month or so. I received some pretty amazing products from a company called Saison, the word Saison is French for season which is exactly how this company organizes their skin care line.  A collection of organic products specially formulate for all four seasons.


 I will be reviewing their "Autumn Dry Skin" line, when I first received it I was a little skeptical, because I'm very iffy with my skin care products and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.
The products I received were the Saison Cleansing oil, The Botanical lotion spray, Moisturizer and the Cleansing grains that came in a tub. My two favorites so far though are the cleansing oil and the moisturizer.  I use the cleansing oil mostly at night to break up makeup from that day, I put it on dry then I activate it with a little water and wash my face. A lot of people squirm at the idea of washing your face with an oil, but believe it or not, “People with oily or acne-prone skin tend to over-cleanse and dry out their skin, which can cause the skin to overcompensate for the dryness by producing more oil,” Shah says. “If oil cleansing is done right, it can clean and moisturize the skin without causing irritation, which can be a side effect of harsh cleansers.” Buzzfeed, 2015



After I have done that, I mix the cleansing grains with some water and gently exfoliate my skin, I'm not  a big fan of the grains so I've only used it once.  I use my soap free cleanser after or my own exfoliator depending on how I feel that day.  After cleansing I use a face mask usually my  favorite 15 minute mask and just relax. After  all of that I like to tone my skin using my rose water mixture, then I moisturize with the Saison moisturizer.  I have also found that the lotion spray works awesome under my makeup right before I start my application, I've even used it over my makeup to give me a nice dewy finish.  I love this stuff I will definitely be trying their other products. I'm curious to see how well the Winter line works, as well as the Summer line of products.  Feel free to check them out I think you'll like them Click Here.

Have a great day everyone, xox

No comments:

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig