Just an Island girl, standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear today.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

My weekend round up

I went to this cool little Spot Called Red Mange that serves frozen yogurt, frappes and all the things I like in one spot 



A coworker told me about a Jamaican Restaurant called island Fridays and desperate for some Jamaican food I decided to try it out.

The curry goat was everything 

A painting on the wall with Jamaican legends, Bob Marley, Usain Bolt, Marcus Garvey and our Bob Sled team.





The simple and clean design of Red Mango is inviting to a minimalist like me.


Caramel Vanilla Frappe 



The petting Zoo at the Pumpkin Patch we visited this weekend.

We found a Winner, don't know what Im naming it yet.



Ok So I didn't get a lot of blogging done this week forgive me, This weekend I decided to do some exploring since I don't do nearly enough of that. So the first thing we did was go to this Jamaican restaurant that somebody told me about called Island Fridays. The food was good but I didn't feel like they had enough options for a true Jamaican, they had oxtail, curry goat and jerk chicken and a few other tidbits. But no ackee and salt fish, no jerk pork, no fried or boiled dumplings, I suppose they do have a wide variety I'm just upset there is no ackee. 

Then on our way out we pasted a neat little yogurt and coffee shop called Red mango of course I had to stop because Im constantly on the hunt for fluffy drinks that were blended with ice in a blender and presented to me in a clear cup with lots f whip cream.

The next day we went to a pumpkin patch and got the fattest little pumpkin to carve, this will be my first time carving a pumpkin. It seems like such a waste but I intend to cook the insides and roast the seeds, waste not want not eh.

xoxox Lauren O Lauren


No comments:

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig