Just an Island girl, standing in front of my closet wondering what to wear today.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Writing Circle by Corrine Demas







The Writing Circle by Corrine Demas (Fiction)
"They call themselves the Leopardi Circle- six members of a writing group who share much more than their works in progress"

Ok so I don't know why but the cover of this book is what drew me to it.  I don't usually read novels 


as I can never relate to them.  The author Corrine Demas has written several books including poems, novels, and children's books and has received two national Endowments for the Arts Creative Writing, and on top of that she has been in a writing circle herself.

I'm at chapter three, I think, considering that the book does not use chapters but instead the different characters names start each new story and so far I'm interested in seeing how this story progresses. I'm very interested in the characters, even though it's still early on, each of them have reeled me in and I feel like the book won't disappointment me by the direction it's going.

From what I gather it's focused around a group of writers who make up a writing circle and the situation ends up turning it into a soap opera from people sleeping together to all kinds of mischief, so I will let you know once I have finished the book if I recommend it.  I will definitely do a video on my YouTube channel and it will be on the list if its as good as I think its about to get.


xoxoxo Lauren O Lauren 


No comments:

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig